Dreaming of a stunning outdoor wedding? Look no further! While not every beautiful outdoor venue could make the list, here’s a collection of eight of our favorite outdoor wedding venues in Philadelphia. From Center City to Delaware County to Chester County you’ll be sure to find a gorgeous place to tie the knot!
1. John James Audubon Center
If a rustic outdoor ceremony is what you’re after, look no farther than the Audubon Center. Imagine reciting your vows at sunset in an apple orchard. Absolute romance!
– The gorgeous grounds offer meadows, woods, an apple orchard, historic buildings and more. All of your photos can be done on the grounds with no need to travel.
– The Audubon Center has a gorgeous platform tent for receptions, and can be warmed up in case of chilly weather.
-If conditions are just right, your cocktail hour may be visited by a handsome owl and their handler!
See a real wedding at the Audubon Center: http://werthphotography.com/audubon-center-wedding-photos/
Visit the Audubon Center’s website to learn more: http://jamcater.com/venues/audubon-center
2. James Michener Museum
If you dream of being married in the presence of paintings and sculpture (and gorgeous modern architecture!) the Michener is the place for you. The courtyard of this museum is perfect for an intimate, sophisticated ceremony.
– The museum grounds and galleries offer plenty of locations for wedding photos, regardless of weather.
– For those who worry about rain during their ceremony, couples can opt to be married indoors in one of the galleries, in front of a giant painting of trees. Best of both worlds!
– The Michener’s glass-enclosed modern reception space is minimal and breathtaking.
See a real wedding at the Michener Museum: http://werthphotography.com/james-michener-art-museum-wedding-photos/
Visit the Michener’s website to learn more: https://www.michenerartmuseum.org/visit/facility-rental/
Chic, rustic, modern.. however you describe it, Terrain is a stylish venue. With a unique layout and strong focus on horticulture and delicious food, this venue will “wow” guests for sure!
– With historic buildings, a restored barn, and seasonal decoration Terrain is beautiful all year round.
– Scrumptious farm-to-table food is a very big deal at Terrain.
– Floral arrangements can be done in-house at Terrain. Convenient and gorgeous!
See a real wedding at Terrain: http://werthphotography.com/terrain-wedding-photos/
Visit Terrain’s website to learn more: https://www.shopterrain.com/glen-mills-private-events/
4. Philadelphia Horticulture Center
The Horticulture Center is the height of elegance. This beautiful venue can accommodate large black-tie weddings indoors or outdoors.
– The Hort center offers ceremony spaces outdoors on the grounds, or indoors in the greenhouse (pictured above).
– The Horticulture Center is just as beautiful indoors as it is outdoors. A stunning, all-weather venue!
– If you’re planning a winter wedding, guests will especially enjoy the plants in the greenhouse. A breath of fresh air!
See a real wedding at the Hort: http://werthphotography.com/horticulture-center-wedding-photos/
Visit The Hort’s website to learn more: http://hortevents.com/
5. The Ballroom at Ellis Preserve
Ellis preserve offers the best of both worlds – lovely outdoor ceremony space and a modern ballroom with all the trimmings.
– Located in Delaware County, Ellis Preserve is located about 30 minutes west of Philadelphia.
– Cocktail hour is especially inviting on the large outdoor veranda.
– The dramatic facade of the Ballroom is a great spot for bridal portraits, family photos, and bridal party shots.
See a real wedding at Ballroom at Ellis Preserve: http://werthphotography.com/ballroom-ellis-preserve-wedding-photos-2/
Visit the Ballroom at Ellis Preserve’s website to learn more: http://finleycatering.com/ballroom-at-ellis-preserve/
Think you can’t have an outdoor ceremony in Center City? Think again!! Vie’s courtyard is the perfect place for a modern and sophisticated feel.
– Vie’s ballroom is quite large and stylish. Perfect for big families and lots of guests!
– Cescaphe Catering venues offer a 1.5 hour long cocktail hour with delicious food.
– Vie is close to Philadelphia City Hall, one of the best photo locations in the region.
See a real wedding at Vie: http://werthphotography.com/vie-wedding-photos-2/
Visit Vie’s website to learn more: https://weddings.cescaphe.com/venue/vie/
7. The Manor House at Springton Manor Farm
For those who really want to be in the country, Springton Manor Farm is the answer. This historic farm property has rolling fields, barns, and plenty of farm animals to say hello to!
– Springton’s Chester County property is vast. Bride and Groom can easily do all of their photos on site with no need to travel elsewhere.
– The venue has a golf cart, so Bride and Groom can easily get around the property for photos.
– Guests will greatly enjoy the rolling hills and fresh country air. It almost feels like traveling back in time!
See a real wedding at Springton Manor Farm: http://werthphotography.com/springton-manor-farm-wedding-photos/
Visit Springton Manor Farm’s website to learn more: https://springtonmanorfarm.com/
8. The Anthony Wayne House
The historic Anthony Wayne House is a lovely venue that is all about being outdoors. The ceremony space is surrounded by trees and the reception tent overlooks it all!
– This venue is set up with a great fire pit and has plenty of room for lawn games!
– Little ones will enjoy running around the property with parents easily able to see them from the reception tent.
– The historic carriage house and oversized pergola are great backdrops for your photos.
See a real wedding at Anthony Wayne House: http://werthphotography.com/anthony-wayne-house-wedding-photography/
Visit Anthony Wayne House’s website to learn more: http://jamcater.com/venues/anthony-wayne-house
Thanks for reading! To learn more about Werth Photography, please reach out with the contact form or comment below.