One of our favorite venues, The Please Touch Museum is a historic and unique setting for a wedding. With plenty of space, gorgeous architecture, and a definite sense of whimsy, this venue checks all the boxes for an unforgettable Philadelphia wedding!
A quick note.. we do not represent Brûlée Catering or the Please Touch Museum and were not paid to write this article. We just like it there! ????
Originally built in 1876 as an art gallery, the Please Touch is nothing if not grand. The Beaux-Arts style building features a stunning front entrance. Memorial Hall is a sweeping, grand ballroom area complete with marble floors and ornate plaster and woodwork everywhere.
– The Please Touch Museum can accommodate up to 450 people with plenty of space for a band and dancing.
– The Please Touch is a great venue for all seasons. Weather is of no concern with everything indoor and connected.
Beautiful Outdoor Spaces
Because the Please Touch Museum is located in Fairmount Park, there is no shortage of beautiful places nearby to take your bridal party photos. Located within easy walking distance, the Civil War Memorial Arches are a gorgeous backdrop for your images.
– For those who want even more grand architecture in their photos, the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Parkway are an easy trolley ride away.
– The Please Touch Museum and the Arches pictured above are very easy to access via car, bus, or trolley. The Museum also has its own parking lot – a fabulous amenity for a city wedding!
While the Please Touch Museum is a grand and historic space, it’s also a children’s museum! Guests and their kids will get a kick out of the many fun exhibits and working carousel (circa 1908) that is available for use during cocktail hour.
– Set aside extra time to walk around the museum with your photographer. Taking photos in the exhibits is a blast!
– The contrast between the classical beauty of the Museum at the fun, imaginative exhibits makes for great wedding photography.
Lighting and Decor
The biggest insight I have to offer about the Please Touch Museum is about light. This grand space is hugely affected by up-lighting! Adding uplighting in purple, pink, blue or amber (etc) adds a huge amount of drama and “wow factor” for guests and your wedding photos.
– The Please Touch Museum’s Memorial Hall can be a tricky space for photographers. Make sure yours are familiar with the space and how to light it!
– Memorial Hall is a blank slate for decor. Tons of different styles and color palettes can work there!
Last But Not Least…
Please enjoy a few of our favorite images from our years of shooting at the Please Touch Museum!
To learn more about Werth Photography and to see more helpful articles, head over here!
To learn more about Memorial Hall at the Please Touch Museum, visit their website!